Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Time needed to see Matsumoto Castle? 2018/6/29 04:40
I'd like to see Matsumoto Castle in the morning right when it opens at 8:30, and then catch a 10:50 train to Nagoya. Is that doable, or will it feel too rushed? Are there usually long lines to get in at that hour on a Wednesday in July?
by Bruce (guest)  

Re: Time needed to see Matsumoto Castle? 2018/6/29 10:19
I havent been in July but there has never been a long line the 3 or 4 times I've been. 2 hours would be enough if you hustle and I wouldnt bother with the museum next door anyway. The castle has some very interesting artifacts.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Time needed to see Matsumoto Castle? 2018/6/29 10:49
I think 60-90 minutes is plenty to fully experience it and it's only about a 15 minute walk back to the station. I really liked the rest of the town, too, but the castle is definitely the crown jewel if you only have a small amount of time.

by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Time needed to see Matsumoto Castle? 2018/6/29 12:00
Wefre staying in Matsumoto overnight but not arriving there until after the castle closes at 4:30. Hopefully we can take a stroll around town to see the other stuff.
by Bruce (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Time needed to see Matsumoto Castle? 2018/6/29 13:00

IMHO, 60 mins would suffice for the castle visit, especially if you are pressed for time.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Time needed to see Matsumoto Castle? 2018/6/29 16:52
http://www.npo-alsa.com/home-en

It is one way to ask the volunteer guide,
and ask them to finish a guide tour in time you desire.
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Time needed to see Matsumoto Castle? 2018/7/4 22:26
Best is to agree an early tour with volunteer guide (we had nice gentelman, retired post office worker) . 90 min is enough, castle is great.
In the evening just walk around and eat in Nakamachi. Ukio-e museum was good but closed at 17.
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Time needed to see Matsumoto Castle? 2018/7/4 22:39
The castle is lit up at night (I think year-round), so you should be able to stroll around the outside of the moat and enjoy the nightview and get nice night shots if you like to take pictures.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Time needed to see Matsumoto Castle? 2018/7/5 00:44
If it is still showing, try to see the Yayoi Kusama exhibit at the Matsumoto City Museum of Art. I tried to get tickets to an exhibit here in Toronto and in Shunjuku and both were sold out months in advance - but there was an amazing show right in Matsumoto!
by SueMe rate this post as useful

reply to this thread