Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Would I get job in Japan? 2018/7/9 00:25
M planning to work in Japan and get a job in a good company there. But I got few tatts on my body .2 on hand 1 on collarbone and shoulder. But if I manage to hide them somehow would it effect my possibilities of getting a good job in companies there ?
by Sargam khosla (guest)  

Re: Would I get job in Japan? 2018/7/9 10:54
This would not be the only question you have to ask yourself.
What is your background, did you had work before in Japan, what kind of work.

Tattoos on work in Japan is not allowed, so you need to hide them always also your introduction.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Would I get job in Japan? 2018/7/9 13:13
I am learning japanese language and ao I am thinking of hoing to Japan to do higher level.Although my institute will provide placements once job is completed. I am planning to become language interpreter.
by Sargam khosla (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Would I get job in Japan? 2018/7/10 11:09
If you can really hide them then nobody will ever know they are there, so of course it wonft affect your chances of finding employment. I donft know how you would hide hand tattoos though.

But contrary to the other answer Ifve seen people, Japanese and non-Japanese, working with tattoos openly displayed. One of my ex-boyfriends has a tattoo on the back of his neck and he is working. I honestly think that anyone who hasnft tattoos that canft be covered by a long-sleeved shirt could find employment in Japan without too much trouble. If you canft cover them like this or with other pieces of ordinary work clothing (trousers, etc.), then yes, itfs true that your opportunities are severely restricted, but to say that tattoos at work are not allowed is I think just a tad bit misleading. There are people in Japan who are absolutely covered in tattoos, I hardly think every single one of them lives on welfare.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Would I get job in Japan? 2018/7/10 12:38
Thankyou
It was really helpful
by Sargam khosla (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Would I get job in Japan? 2018/7/10 13:39
I think it's important to consider what kind of job Sargam khosla wants before generally saying they can find a job. (I'm going to use "they" and "their" because I don't know if the original poster is male or female). Of course they can find "a" job in Japan. But will it be "the" job they're aiming for at the company they want?

There will be tighter restrictions about appearance in jobs that require you to physically represent a company/organization in front of others. A language interpreter would be such a representative because their primary responsibility is to help people communicate with each other face-to-face, in real time, often for sensitive matters. I doubt visible tattoos would go over well in those situations (in Japan).

Translators might be able to get away with visible tattoos since their work is mostly done behind the scenes.

Sargam khosla, I'm curious to know: How you plan on hiding your hand tattoos at work? If they're very small, I can see how you could consistently hide them, but if they're large, bandages and gloves would look strange. I realize there is makeup or plaster that could conceal them, but those substances wear off after a while and require maintenance.
by KeroK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread