Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trip to explore Nikko-Okunikko 2018/7/11 17:14
Hi.

I am interested in nature and would like to go to Okunikko in October to see sights such as Lake Chuzenji, Ryuzu Waterfall, Kegon Falls, take the Akechidaira Ropeway etc.

I am making a day trip from Tokyo and would like to know if it easy to get to Okunikko on my own ?

Do I need to find a local hiking / walking guide to get to the sights?

Are there any tours leaving from Tokyo that only cover Okunikko / nature ? I am not interested in a day trip that spends 2-3 hours visiting shrines.

by Esther leet (guest)  

Re: Day trip to explore Nikko-Okunikko 2018/7/13 05:53
Coming from Tokyo, you would probably just want to get the Nikko All Area Pass. That covers round trip transport on the Tobu line to Nikko from Asakusa, as well as all the tourist shuttle buses in and between Nikko and Okunikko.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_002.html

You'd just ride from Asakusa to Tobu Nikko station on the train, and then if you wanted to head directly to the Lake area without seeing the shrines, just board that bus.

Yes, it is very easy for a tourist to do on their own without a tour guide and the passes from Tobu make it quite affordable.

It can get crowded in October though, so leave early in the morning if you can.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread