Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will Japanese food processors work in USA? 2018/7/12 19:59
I'm considering give this as a gift to a friend in the USA, do you think it will work without any issues at all?
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01NAV6PTC/ref=twister_B079BF3FYT?_encodin...
by SamuelBrown  

Re: Will Japanese food processors work in USA? 2018/7/13 10:43
if it can handle the following specification

100V 50-60Hz
140W

But you will pay a lot of import tax, more than 3KG and it is an electronic application

This information you could find also by yourself I think
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Will Japanese food processors work in USA? 2018/7/13 13:23
I guess I should have been a bit more specific. I wanted to emphasize "no issues at all" because while our systems are similar (USA & Japan), there are differences.

1. Outlet connector
2. It may work but at a reduced efficiency.

For #2, this happens when a product isn't used in the area it's intended for with some types of merchandise. I've seen engineers post here and was hoping they could provide some input. Or those who have used food processors from Japan in the USA. So, not really general information per say but please excuse the vague OP.
by SamuelBrown rate this post as useful

Re: Will Japanese food processors work in USA? 2018/7/13 19:54
I dont agree with you #1 and #2 differences. I've seen lots of products both from USA and JP be used at the other country.

But buying a 3.88kg product, so over 2kg so massive shipping costs and maybe import duties. Why not by the USA version or similar of the same product?

by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Will Japanese food processors work in USA? 2018/7/14 09:02
Isn't the power at 110V in the States (100V in Japan), which means it can fluctuate up to 120V, so if you don't use a step down transformer you will be exposing it to voltage higher than it was designed for?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Will Japanese food processors work in USA? 2018/7/21 08:14
hakata14 - Please correct me if I'm wrong, there are no import duties for the USA from Japan (or at least not for Amazon). For the shipping costs, I'm going to have to add it to my cart to see what shipping costs it displays. I also plan to buy a Donabe from there so this is an important point.

AK - Good point and I may just avoid this product because of this. Thank you.
by SamuelBrown rate this post as useful

reply to this thread