Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Collect on delivery for international mail? 2018/7/13 19:47
Ifm requesting references from several people in Japan, and am trying to determine the best way for them to mail the letters to me in the U.S. without paying out of pocket themselves. Does Japan Post or any other delivery service offer collect on delivery (COD) for international mail?

I realize that I could send something like a money order to my referees, but Ifd like to avoid the time and cost inefficiencies that would cause.
by YBates  

Re: Collect on delivery for international mail? 2018/7/15 16:29
Be it EMS, international parcel, or international e-packet postal service, there is no service that Japan Post offers that allow "collect on delivery." I read that Fedex offers such service, but the sender needs to register with them as users.

If it is just a letter, which should not cost more than let's say 200 yen, I would ask them to please pay postage, then later send them small gifts in appreciation, or something like that?

Also please avoid "money order" - these will be handled like checks, and they need to be sent back to the issuing bank and cleared before they can receive cash in Japan (which tends to disappear with fees). If ever, please send "International Postal Money Order" (purchased only from post offices).
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread