Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sake Flight in Japanese 2018/7/23 03:42
How does one say "Sake Flight" in Japanese as in a Tasting Set of three or more small glasses of sake at a sake bar. Same word Flight is used for a "Beer Flight". Google translates it "Nihonshu Hiko" which feels inaccurate.

Thank You.
by Pierre (guest)  

Re: Sake Flight in Japanese 2018/7/23 14:55
i often heard the term sake-setto (sake-set), but not sure if that is 100% accurate either
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Sake Flight in Japanese 2018/7/23 15:09
"Kiki-zake setto" is the term I see in bars, meaning "sake tasting/trying set."
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Sake Flight in Japanese 2018/7/23 18:16
I've heard kikizake setto, as well. I think nomikurabe setto might work, too.
by Taco Grande rate this post as useful

Re: Sake Flight in Japanese 2018/7/24 05:21
I have seen "sake sanpuraa", which means sake sampler. I have also seen "nomikurabe setto", which means drink comparison set.
by 1999OT (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sake Flight in Japanese 2018/7/25 15:09
Are you talking about this type of shop.
https://www.nomooo.jp/column/nihonshu-nomihodai-select-11/

You can try drinking sakes in limited time like 120min. or 150min. .
Some Izakayas have many kinds sakes, others have few kinds of sake putting.

It is called "Nomi houdai".

by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Sake Flight in Japanese 2018/7/25 21:29
No he's not - he's asking how to say "tasting flight" in Japanese. A tasting flight is a set of three or more glasses (or ochokko) served at the same time so that you can compare the flavors. There are also tasting flights for wine, beer and theoretically any other beverage.

The most common term for a tasting flight of sake is "kikizake setto." "Nomikurabe setto" also gets the message across, and can be used for wine and other beverages as well.

Here are some recommended places in Tokyo that specialize in sake tastings (although the first one on the list is indeed an all-you-can-drink place): http://bento.com/r-saketasting.html

by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Sake Flight in Japanese 2018/7/27 11:45
Thank you for your giving me new knowledge.
I could not know such a new style bar.
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

reply to this thread