Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage storage 2018/7/27 10:01
I'm traveling in March and starting in Tokyo for a couple of days, then doing 2 weeks around Osaka, Kyoto, Fukuoka before heading back to Tokyo for my last week.

What I was wondering was if there was any service in Tokyo that might store my larger suitcase for 2 weeks while I'm traveling? By larger I mean medium sized, but check in not carry on.

I really want to keep what I'm moving with to a minimum since I'm traveling alone but will be buying a pile of stuff in Tokyo during the last week so need a reasonably large bag to take it all home.
by moonangelica (guest)  

Re: Luggage storage 2018/7/27 12:57
Most of the luggage check places are for shorter term use, but are still about 1000y per day for a full size suitcase. If you could find one for long term, I am guessing the cost would quickly exceed the value of a basic suitcase. Perhaps a better solution would be to just buy a cheap suitcase at a discount store when you return to Tokyo the second time? Or maybe a thin, but durable duffel bag that you can fold and keep in your smaller bag until needed? Or depending on what you are buying, I've even heard of people using cardboard boxes as checked luggage to transport their shopping home. Just make sure you pack it well and use ample tape!
by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage 2018/7/27 13:45
I didn't think of buying a case there. That might just work. It'll restrict the rest of my packing a bit, but really, that probably wouldn't be a bad thing anyway. I'll have to trial run it before I go and see how packing just my carry on works out.
by moonangelica (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage 2018/7/27 20:29
I always buy a luggage about 3-4 days before leaving Japan if I intend to do some shopping , mostly souvenirs, they are not expensive and it saves me money when flying to Japan, as LCC charge for baggage.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread