Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best hiking in mid-late november? 2018/7/30 21:24
I will be in Japan from November 18-November 30 and I am looking to do some hiking while I am there. I'm open to all lengths of hikes. My itinerary (I am willing to change some of it as well if needed) is as follows:

Kyoto (3 nights) -> Koya-san (1 night) -> Nara (1 night) -> Kanazawa (1 night) -> Okuhida Fukuchi onsen (1 night) -> Obuse (1 night) -> Lake Chuzenji (1 night) -> Tokyo (2 nights)

I plan on definitely finding some hiking near Kyoto as it should be peak fall season at the time, and was also thinking about Mt Yoshino? After that I am not sure how viable hiking will be elsewhere. If it will be too snowy/cold in Okuhida thats ok as we are there more for the onsen and relaxation but I really would like to find some hikes around Lake Chuzenji. By then it'll be late november but hopefully some hiking is still doable.

One hike I wanted to do was the Magome -> Tsumago trail but I am having a hard time fitting it into my map.
by arian487  

Re: Best hiking in mid-late november? 2018/7/31 07:36
Mt Hirano is technically in Nara, but it is far from the city of Nara. It's OK if you plan to stay near Mt Hirano, but you will miss out on sights and deers of Nara city. I suggest to allocate one more day in Nara.

In (or near) Kyoto, there are lots of places to hike.
Here is one I like, to Mt Atago: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hiranoya/Atago-Jinja+Shrine+(Old+Hakuu...
by miyako (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best hiking in mid-late november? 2018/7/31 07:41
Oops! I meant Mt Yoshino in above response.
by miyako (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread