Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy samue dresses in autumn? 2018/7/31 16:48
We intend to travel to Japan in November again. Does anybody know where to buy samue (作務衣) and jinbei (甚平) in the Osaka/Kyoto region? I remember that it was difficult to find a shop offering yukata in autumn, because it is a summer dress (just as samue and jinbei). In particular I am looking for samue made from denim style fabric (I have once seen it on tv...).
Alternatively, are there reliable online resources that deliver abroad?
by HoVo  

Re: Where to buy samue dresses in autumn? 2018/8/1 02:51
Japan Amazon offers [a] English language service, and [b] delivery to some konbini (convenience) store.
I just did a search of 作務衣, and there were lots of hits.
So one option is to find a convenience store near your accommodation and deliver the goods there (making sure that delivery happens while you are there or just before).
https://www.amazon.co.jp/?language=en_US
by kaimon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy samue dresses in autumn? 2018/8/1 15:08
Thank you kaimon, this is certainly a possibility but I was looking for a store where I could try it on first. I am not sure if the Japanese sizes match our sizes and therefore it is very difficult to choose the right ones. Are samue dresses still available in autumn? Any suggestions for suitable (and not too expensive) stores in the Osaka/Kyoto region?
by HoVo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread