Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transit in Tokyo before going to Sapporo 2018/8/7 11:34
Hello, I'm planning to go to Hokkaido next year. So my flight from my home country will land in either Haneda or Narita Airport and then go directly to Chitose Airport.

What I want to know is how long is the usual transfer from International Arrival to Domestic Departure in both Haneda and Narita, assuming that the airline is the same (like arrive with JAL and depart with JAL)? Because some of the flight options given when I searched were around 1-2 hours transit, and I'm afraid that I can miss the flight to Chitose if something unfortunate happens.

Thank you very much!
by AeroHollister  

Re: Transit in Tokyo before going to Sapporo 2018/8/7 16:47
I had this transfer last February with only about 90 minutes to work with, and we made it onto the plane. This was at Haneda. At Narita it's even easier because you don't have to go to a different terminal. Since you're buying these tickets as one purchase, one itinerary, and it's the same airline, your transfer is guaranteed. Even if you miss the connection, Tokyo to New Chitose is one of the busiest flight paths in the world, so planes are leaving constantly. They'll just put you on another flight, which shouldn't be too long of a wait. So don't worry!
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Transit in Tokyo before going to Sapporo 2018/8/7 19:10
There are more HND-CTS flights than NRT-CTS flights, so it's best to go to Haneda. It is more of a pain, since you'll have to change terminals.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread