Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Quick question about phones and shikibuton 2018/8/25 03:31
Hello all! Injabe some quick questions I am going to Japan in November for 2 weeks and was wondering where I can buy Japanese flip phones and if they are unlocked to be used in the USA and also as well as where I can find a shikibuton a queen size or if you know of any websites that are cheap to buy from?
by RebelNick  

Re: Quick question about phones and shikibuton 2018/8/28 21:19
As for a flip phone, you can get it in Akihabara, where you can ask any questions in English. And as for shikibuton, I've never seen the queen size of it, and I'm not sure it exists in the first place (because the concept of the size comes from Western Bed). What about two semi-single ones that do the same job? Or you can go to a major department store and ask a salesclerk the question.
by neko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Quick question about phones and shikibuton 2018/8/29 03:48
Hey Neko I've seen some queen sized ones on Amazon but I cant tell if they are good quality or not and what would be a good store to go to? I was thinking of checking out Don Quixote but I dont know if they sell that.
by RebelNick rate this post as useful

Re: Quick question about phones and shikibuton 2018/8/29 23:50
I think those are sim-locked and frequency bands are restricted for providers. you can't use them in US.
also, I think there are no foreign language menus, because those models are designed for local use.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Quick question about phones and shikibuton 2018/9/1 16:39
Don Quijote is not a very good choice, I guess. If you go to a chain store for inexpensive shikibuton, Nitori is the one you can definitely find the size of it (called Family size, I've just done a google search) with moderately good quality. Or you can visit a futon store (specialized shop) where you are likely to find fairly nice one. The prices seem to be around 15,000 ~ 30,000 yen. Hope you can find something to you liking!
by neko (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread