Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Strange incident with local barber? 2018/8/27 22:01
Ok, so it has been too hot and humid everyday, so I decided I needed a haircut asap.

I was nowhere near the usual barbershops that I always go to and spotted a small barbershop and decided to take a chance.

This was a huge mistake. This place was run by an older Japanese man that was really careless when washing my hair after the haircut.

He had me lean my head forward not backwards into the sink and used way too much shampoo on my hair. So a lot of this shampoo got into my nose and even some into my mouth. I believe that some of it got into my stomach as well because my stomach has been feeling unusually upset.

My stomach almost never has issues but it wasn't until after he washed my hair that my stomach started acting up.

Also, after he finished washing my hair, he put this other mint scented hair product into my hair without asking me for permission. He just starting applying it in my hair and a large amount too. The shampoo was also a mint type shampoo, so he used two mint scented hair products on me in less than 3 minutes.

I hope I don't end up getting really sick and vomit because I might have ingested some of that shampoo while he was pouring it all over my head like a madman.

Has anyone else had strange experiences when they went to have their hair cut at one of these local barbershops here in Japan?
by blondesurferboy  

Re: Strange incident with local barber? 2018/8/28 11:07
he used two mint scented hair products on me in less than 3 minutes
Did you previously specify a preference for another scent? If not then I donft see the issue. They will generally use the products that they like. Unless the product is completely unrelated to the nature of the customerfs request, there is nothing wrong with this. I donft know where you are from but do they really ask for permission every time they apply some product?
by Mint (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Strange incident with local barber? 2018/8/28 11:09
By the way, where I come from they always wash your hair leaning forwards into the sink. Close your mouth and you wonft get any water inside.
by Mint (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Strange incident with local barber? 2018/8/28 11:59
blondesurferboy had many things happening to him in few month and much more than me in more than a decade here. I will definitely keep watching this board awaiting new threads from him and his adventures in Japan. Too bad the thread about Japanese women gawking at you was deleted.

PS: I never had troubles with a local barber. I usually use those 1000 yens shops, 15 minutes, clean hair cut, no shampoo.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Strange incident with local barber? 2018/8/28 16:47
My guess is that you felt extremely nervous, and that might have affected your stomach.

Mint scent is commonly used during summer, and older barbers use forward-leaning style rather than back-leaning style (which used to be used only at ladies' hairdressers earlier). So... I can tell you were not used to it, but I see nothing wrong there.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Strange incident with local barber? 2018/8/28 20:18
I think it's safe to assume that:

- mint will not hurt you or your hair or any other part of your body. Even when used twice in one day.
- shampoo will not be poisonous, and ingesting a little will not give you a bad stomach

Tip for the future:

- it's really hard to get shampoo in your mouth when having your hair washed, and it is even harder if you keep your mouth shut
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Strange incident with local barber? 2018/8/31 17:47
You are really overdramatic about situations, and shame on you with the Japanese ladies thread you made that got deleted.
by Yumi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread