Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Aug 31 Lost iPhone in taxi Yokohama-Haneda 2018/8/31 06:33
While rushing to catch a flight from Haneda to LAX I left my iPhone in the back seat of a taxi. It was about 11:30 - 12:00 afternoon when I got into the taxi probably about 1:00 when I left it.
It's an iPhone 8 with a white battery pack cover. I don't know if it is still in service, it may be shut off by now. Does anyone have a central e-mail address or phone for the Lost and Found of the taxi companies? I don't know what company it was, I just got in it from the station. Or is there a Police Lost and found for Shin-Yokohama/Yokohama-shi?Thank you
by BJU2018  

Re: Aug 31 Lost iPhone in taxi Yokohama-Haneda 2018/9/2 17:39
Taxis no longer accept inquiries on lost items unless you know the taxi company. You need to contact the police.

Tokyo Metropolitan Police
http://www.keishicho.metro.tokyo.jp/multilingual/english/finding_servi...

Kanagawa Pref. Police (including Yokohama)
https://www.police.pref.kanagawa.jp/eng/e_mes/enga1001.htm

If you think you dropped it before you boarded the taxi, let us know where and someone might be able to find the contact number for that facility. Next time, pick up a card from the seat pocket of your taxi while heading to your destination. It will have the company name and ID number on it or take a photo of the driver's photo and name above the glove compartment.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Aug 31 Lost iPhone in taxi Yokohama-Haneda 2018/9/3 03:30
Thank you for your kind and generous response. I'm certain I left it in the taxi. The only thing I can clearly remember is that the taxi was silver in color. I've tried searching online for taxi companies that service Shin-Yokohama Station and none are silver. I understand that the taxi could have come from elsewhere, dropped a fare at the Station and gotten back in the line. Or it could have been an independent driver. If you know of a taxi company that drives silver taxis or has silver/gray doors, let me know.
Thanks again for your help.
by BJU2018 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread