Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Amanohashidate bike rental with a child seat 2018/9/3 03:59
Are their any bike rental places in Amanohashidate that have a child's seat attached to the bike? I've looked online but I'm unable to translate any websites for the bike rentals that mention specifically a child's seat.
by SusieQQ (guest)  

Re: Amanohashidate bike rental with a child seat 2018/9/3 14:45
I can't speak for Amanohashidate but I cannot recall seeing a bicycle with a child seat at any of the rental places I have used in other cities.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate bike rental with a child seat 2018/9/3 22:58
I have to admit that I searched only a little bit and could not find one, but it is also true that I didn't find a lot of information on the bicycle rental places at all. However, it is not true that it you cannot find bicycles with child seats for rent in Japan. I just saw them this weekend in Karuizawa and I also know that they exist in Tokyo and on some of the islands in Seto Inland Sea. It is not a hugely popular choice, but it does exist. However as the PP I cannot speak to Amanohashidate.

Enjoy your stay in Japan anyway.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate bike rental with a child seat 2018/11/10 06:14
I wanted to follow up with some information I gathered in case any other parents had a similar need.

I came across a video on youtube of a mother riding a bike with a child seat across the Amanohashidate land bridge. I reached out to her and asked if she rented the bike in Amanohashidate. She did, but didn't remember the name of the rental place, so she explained the general location.

Looking at google maps I found 貸 自転車 bike rental 〒626-0001 京都府宮津市文珠480-2, and in the picture of the outside of their shop, there is indeed a bicycle with a child seat on the back. This is called a Mamachari in Japanese.

I don't speak Japanese so I'll be unable to communicate with the shop. My plan is to go to the shop and hope for the best. I will come back to post an update either way.

Cheers!
by SusieQQ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate bike rental with a child seat 2018/11/10 12:10
when do you intend to visit, I will be visiting Amanohashidate on the 18th, this month, I can post back if you are visiting after me.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate bike rental with a child seat 2018/11/11 10:30
Thank you! I'd be very grateful for any information about what you discover while you are there.

We won't be going until March. Having a toddler, I like to plan way way in advance.
by SusieQQ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate bike rental with a child seat 2018/11/13 03:22
I just rented a bicycle and rode the Amanohashidate last week. There were Iots of bike rental shops, but
did not notice any with a child seat (I was not specifically looking for one, so I probably just missed it). Once on the sandbar itself the road is pretty flat, but there are small arched bridges to cross on both ends where you might have to walk your bike. The road surface is like packed dirt road with sprinkles of gravel, so a fatter tires (like in mountain bike) work better (my bike was a "street bike" with skinny tires, which can slip on gravel surface). Once you are out of the train station, start walking toward right and you will see more and more bike rental shops as you get closer to the first arched bridge. I think there were few power assisted e-bikes, too. I am not in a great physical shape, but I rode across and back in less than an hour (with a few stops in between).
by miyako (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate bike rental with a child seat 2018/11/19 00:28
Many bike rental shop had children seats, but only a few available, but I recommend the first rental place you come to, just before the shrine gate, its a restaurant Called Cafe de pine or something, they charge you 400 yen for the day or should I say return before 5 pm, other rental place charge you rental for one way 400 yen or return 600 yen on the Sand bar, whiles other are set 400 yen for 2 hours time limit.
by Kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread