Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Loop buses at Shirakawa-go 2018/9/3 21:34
We stop at Shirakawa go enroute to Takayama,we understand there are Coin operated Storage at the Nohi bus stop at Shirakawa.
We also understand we can walk to town as its not a big city.
Can anyone advise if there is a semblence of a Loop Bus or a Hop on type for us Oldies to use when there for 3 hour?
by Kisse13  

Re: Loop buses at Shirakawa-go 2018/9/4 16:34
As far as I know there is no loop bus in Shirakawago, but you can take shuttle bus to the observation deck, 200 yen one way.

https://shirakawa-go.gr.jp/en/see/4323/
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Loop buses at Shirakawa-go 2018/9/5 11:57
The "village" with the gasho houses is tiny - seriously tiny. Even if you walked to the observation lookout slowly, that is not hard to include in a three hour stop. What you see in the photos is pretty much the whole place. (It is roughly 1000 meters from the observation area to the far side, past Myozenji Temple.)
There are some slightly longer walks around Ogimachi that I do to fill in time when I visit, and I have not had any of my elderly guests think any of the distances are too far.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread