Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I place tatami on top of carpet? 2018/9/9 09:52
Will there be any side effects of placing tatami om top of my carpet? I am renting amd fo not want to damage the carpet.
by Chris (guest)  

Re: Can I place tatami on top of carpet? 2018/9/9 18:52
Is the carpet `wall to wall`? Will your tatami also be wall to wall? If not - that is, if there is an edge, I could see that creating a line in the carpet that would be obvious once the tatami is removed. What is the purpose of the tatami mat - heavy use as in exercise? If so, maybe a line that cannot be removed - unlike for a clothes chest which leaves a line, but which can easily be corrected once the chest is removed.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I place tatami on top of carpet? 2018/9/9 20:00
So your saying, other than an imprint, it should be just fine? That's nice to know. Thank you.
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I place tatami on top of carpet? 2018/9/10 03:03
Maybe more than an imprint - if sunlight bleaches the exposed area of carpet but not that under the tatami mat. But if you keep the curtains closed, then maybe all would be OK from a `reasonable use` standpoint. I`d also make sure that the bottom of the tatami mat is just straw, and does not put `insulation` or anything else that could stain, in direct contact with the carpet. Solve this with a cloth barrier if it might occur - towels or maybe a sheet.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I place tatami on top of carpet? 2018/9/10 07:20
I didn't think of that. I'll put something in between the carpet and tatami.
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread