Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Name on passport different from air ticket 2018/9/11 16:00
As above, i have booked an air ticket through JAL website with the following details:

Name on passport: AAA XXXX RRRR
Name on e-ticket: AAA/RRRRXXXX

I have basically put XXXX as middle name instead of first name and thus resulted in the e-ticket in showing middle name at the back. Anyone knows if JAL is strict with not matching passport or will require a change? I checked that there would be a cost for change of flight.

Appreciate if anyone could advise if they have a similar issue previously.

Thanks
by Ideline (guest)  

Re: Name on passport different from air ticket 2018/9/12 06:30
They have to match. So you will need to change the name at your cost.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Name on passport different from air ticket 2018/9/12 06:35
I have 3 first names and nearly never put them on my tickets. Never ever had any problem with that with any company.
Okay, anecdotal evidence but I would not be concerned at all.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Name on passport different from air ticket 2018/9/12 07:20
Dont Be worry.You have no problem.It is not necessary to be worry about your name.Now you Focus on travel From Airport to your Destination,climate,New Life,New culture or culture shock etc that you might encounter.
by Jessica (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Name on passport different from air ticket 2018/9/12 17:12
If this was me, I would get it fixed. I once couldn't get a passport because my ID said Greg when my full name is Gregory. And my wife once wasn't let through security because her driver's license was recently expired (even had her photo on it and obviously proved her identification regardless of e date written on it). Not precisely the same, situations, but the point is that these people are huge sticklers for details.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Name on passport different from air ticket 2018/9/12 18:14
I remember one of the Japanese airlines clearly specified (when purchasing air tickets) to string up your first and middle names together in that order and fill it into the "given name" space, as Japanese usually don't have middle names. I wonder if there was any instruction like that? If there was, and if you followed that, it should be OK. (I am Japanese and don't have a middle name, but this is my experience from purchasing air tickets for a family member.)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread