Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Do Japanese Unis accept Foundation Degrees? 2018/9/13 21:48
Hi!
I hope everyone is having a very good day. I've been reading forum posts in this website as a guest for a few months now and this is the first time i'm posting anything.

So, I've Completed my SSC in 2017 from Bangladesh (Which is Equivalent of O-Levels) with GPA 4.36 of 5. and about to sit for HSC (A-Levels Equivalent) in March 2019. A lot of things happened in the past year and i've been away from studies for quite a while now. There is no time to catch up because of Consecutive tests staring from October.

I've been thinking of Studying Abroad for a while now and Japan has always fascinated me. more so because i have this weird love for cars. Both Combined, I've Decided to Study Automotive Engineering in Japan. Quick google and some Hours searching Brought me to Nagoya University's G30 Automotive Engineering Undergrad Course and it turned out to be the one I'm looking for! I'll be applying for the 2020 intakes hopefully. Here comes the tricky part:

As there is absolutely NO way to get satisfactory results from HSC coming march (or try to gun it by locking myself in a room), I've Applied to Limkokwing University of Creative Technology, Cyberjaya, Malaysia for their Foundation in Engineering Course. and was selected for it. The Offer letter arrived a day ago too. Now the question is,
Will This Degree be accepted in Nagoya as an alternative to HSC or A-Levels? What other Universities offer this course? Courses in Japanese are okay too i guess as i've got my N5 last December and I'm almost done preparing for N4 and (still have a year between the intake i want to apply to in Japan)

Thanks!
by Tanzim Abir  

Re: Do Japanese Unis accept Foundation Degrees? 2018/9/14 12:24
You are more than welcome in Japan. You already completed 10 years of education. So it will be better, if you completed 12 years in your home country. Then you can apply any Japanese university. Because you will be selected by Nagoya university is not 100% guaranteed.I
Think ,it will be waste of money to study Foundation Degree in malaysia
by Ronald (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do Japanese Unis accept Foundation Degrees? 2018/9/14 14:01
In order to study in Japanese you will need an N1 level. (Probably not everywhere the test, but the knowledge level at least). That is far away from N4/5. Depending on your language skills and dedication I would say about 1,5-2 years of intensive studies.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do Japanese Unis accept Foundation Degrees? 2018/9/14 16:09
You are more than welcome in Japan. You already completed 10 years of education. So it will be better, if you completed 12 years in your home country. Then you can apply any Japanese university. Because you will be selected by Nagoya university is not 100% guaranteed.I
Think ,it will be waste of money to study Foundation Degree in malaysia
by Ronald (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do Japanese Unis accept Foundation Degrees? 2018/9/15 04:31
Thank you SO MUCH guys for the responses!

The foundation Degree is supposed to make up for my 12 year education certificate as it's IB-equivalent. And I have this major love for this language and i'm sure i can pull through till N1. Got 147 on my first try on N5 so i'm Hopeful!

Thank you again!
by Tanzim Abir rate this post as useful

Re: Do Japanese Unis accept Foundation Degrees? 2018/9/17 02:15
The only people that can actually answer your question are the people at Nagoya University. You should be asking them and not random strangers on the internet.
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do Japanese Unis accept Foundation Degrees? 2018/9/17 09:59
Check their website thoroughly, they do have a list of English taught classes so you may not need N1. As the poster above says, contact the University. Good Luck.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread