Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I can't even get a study visa? 2018/9/16 21:42
hello, I was denied working coe about 4 months ago, I was going to work in a hotel.I'm not the only one who was denied, so I think the problem was in the person who was preparing the documents.This man refused to go to listen to the reason for the refusal and reapply.I found another company that takes the documents very seriously and tried again.Well, again three months of waiting... But recently I was told that if I was refused a second time, I could not even go as a student to a language school. Do you think this is true? I'm very scared, I studied Japanese at the university, got n1, and now they tell me that I can not come to japan even as a student because my "apply history" was spoiled not through my fault ...
by Catshred  

Re: I can't even get a study visa? 2018/9/17 11:40
I have heard of a guideline which says once declined, you cannot apply again within a certain number of months for a visa in the same category unless the situation has changed dramatically (like you were denied a student visa because you couldn't show enough savings for your living exoenses so you were denied, then later another family member decided to help you with that, etc.). That is one thing.
Another thing to note is the type of visa you apply for; if you apply twice for a work visa though you get declined, then if soon after you apply for a student visa, that "can" sound like your true intention might be to work in Japan but using student visa to get into Japan and pursuing part-time work.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: I can't even get a study visa? 2018/9/17 14:18
Also, if you are applying for a student visa to attend a language school like most people, that sounds even more fishy because you already have N1 so what are you going to do there?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I can't even get a study visa? 2018/9/17 19:21
Wouldn`t the hotel chain HR department or their corporate lawyer apply for the visa of their employee?
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I can't even get a study visa? 2018/9/18 08:46
Applying work visa or student visa is different.

If you CoE is denied you can apply again, if your visa has been denied you need to wait 6 month before applying again in the same category.

You can apply for a student visa, but it means you need to go to a language school.
You may work along your student visa for max 28 hours a week in curtain working areas.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: I can't even get a study visa? 2018/9/18 12:58
AK, Thanks for the answer!
I understand that I will look suspicious after that, and even if my bf will offer me to get married and then it will look even more strange for the immigration officers „ƒ:

changed dramatically ...
Well, now I have sent all my documents to lawyers and recruiting company who is engaged in my employment, it seems very serious and responsible (they took about 3 months to prepare my documents) But I'm just very much afraid that the last coe failure will be my death sentence. I just do not know what in this case. The last 7 years I worked and studied to live and work in Japan, worked to save up and go at least to the language school to do my AEŠˆ“®

> that sounds even more fishy because you already have N1 so what are you going to do there?
in fact, many people from my country are going with N1 to language school and it`s ok.

>Wouldn`t the hotel chain HR department or their corporate lawyer apply for the visa of their employee?
The person who dealt with my past case was not a lawyer, but my university cooperated with him and I thought he could be entrusted with my documents. But all the documents that I asked for - a scan of the passport and a scan of the diploma without translation and photo...
I was not the only person who was refused, and all that we were told "it's sad, "we were refused working coe for the first time.... we do not know what to do...it's really not your fault"

>Applying work visa or student visa is different.
I also thought the same way, I was not worried until recently. I talked with the administration of one of the schools and they said "it's very risky, you will most likely be denied even if you write a long letter to the immigration office explaining the reasons"
by Catshred rate this post as useful

reply to this thread