Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can you stay outside overnight? 2018/9/24 09:11
Hi! If a visitor couldn't be able to afford housing when visiting Japan, can he or she just stay outside overnight? Serious question it is.
by columbusohio  

Re: Can you stay outside overnight? 2018/9/24 10:10
There are homeless people in Japan. So should be ok sleeping rough during your intended year in Japan since the advice given here that tourists can't buy a kei truck. Seriously you have been asking frivilous questions from tourism to higher education to retirement.
by Pleasegrowup (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can you stay outside overnight? 2018/9/24 10:20
You mean like a homeless person? There are of course homeless people in Japan.. I'm pretty sure they don't want homeless foreigners in Japan. If the police were alerted to a homeless foreigner they could look into having immigration send you back to your home country.

If you can't even afford to spend the night doing all night karaoke or a manga cafe maybe you need to reconsider going to Japan.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Can you stay outside overnight? 2018/9/24 10:58
When you visit another country, it is important to have enough funds to support yourself including if something goes wrong. Not being able to afford accommodation would include not having enough funds to look after yourself.

As such, if you can't afford accommodation then you can't afford to visit Japan. Also remember that you should also get travel insurance and no embassy will not pay your bills if something goes work.

I also remember that you mentioned that $400 USD was too expensive to fly from Japan from the US. Note that airport taxes in Japan are expensive - and Japan is not an ultra- cheap location to visit.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Can you stay outside overnight? 2018/9/24 11:58
Hokkaido, Aomori, Niigata, Guma - all are just fine for sleeping outside in the winter. I used to do so when skiing.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can you stay outside overnight? 2018/9/24 12:03
iIf a visitor couldn't be able to afford housing when visiting Japan

He/she should stay home. Don't travel or better: just travel inside his/her home country.

Next question from columbusohio:
iIf a visitor couldn't be able to afford food or cheap buffet when visiting Japan can he or she just get food from supermarket bins, do they have freegan communities in Japan?

by Nothing personal (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can you stay outside overnight? 2018/9/24 14:01
You do know that when you land, you have to declare where youfre staying, right?
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Can you stay outside overnight? 2018/9/24 16:24
It's safer staying in a capsule hotel or Karaoke or Internet cafe.
by KATALE rate this post as useful

Re: Can you stay outside overnight? 2018/9/24 16:29
Donft worry, if he even makes it there Ifll eat my hat.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Can you stay outside overnight? 2018/9/24 19:52
Why do you guys even give this guy the time of day? He's not serious about anything and just wasting your time.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Can you stay outside overnight? 2018/9/25 01:54
I agree with John B, all his post is related to money, if you can't afford it, why come to Japan.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Can you stay outside overnight? 2018/9/25 08:51
by law not allowed since you need to have a place to stay when you enter japan.
If you sleep outside in cities you will be woken up by police and they will ask you to go to a hotel.

Had several times since I missed the train often.

If you stay outside the cities in country side you need to ask permission since most land is owned
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Can you stay outside overnight? 2018/9/27 07:37
There's a part of me that thinks the OP well take Paul's hilarious response seriously and the headline news will be about an ignorant American who thought it would be okay to sleep on a park bench in Sapporo one January night.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread