Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dual paspoort application 2018/9/26 17:11
Good day,
i would like to ask only where to apply a dual paspoort here in the philippines with a japanese minor citizen nationality? and what those requirements? mother is fiipina and father is japanese. the childrens had a japanese paspport and we would like to apply for a dual paspport.
thank you for responding in advance.
by rebecca (guest)  

Re: Dual paspoort application 2018/9/26 20:33
There is no such thing as a "dual passport" or "minor nationality". If the children are currently dual citizens of Japan and the Philippines, they can legally apply for and receive a passport from each country. They are considered full citizens of both Japan and the Philippines until they turn 20 years old, at which point for Japan they must choose a citizenship. As a citizen of Japan, when they enter Japan they must use their Japanese citizenship. I would assume that as Philippine citizens the same applies when they leave/enter the Philippines as well.
by Murny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Dual paspoort application 2018/9/26 21:29
For this paspoort application should be process by the immigration of Japan in Manila right?
by Rebecca (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Dual paspoort application 2018/9/26 21:30
For this paspoort application should be process by the immigration of Japan in Manila right?
by Rebecca (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Dual paspoort application 2018/9/26 21:52
how old are you ?
"immigration of Japan in Manila"
I don't think that there is such a section.
you have to use the words correctly.
if you are a Japanese citizen, you should know the Japan's system or be able to communicate about this subject to Embassy of Japan in Philippine. they will explain you. I hope you can understand their explanation.
http://www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp/files/000163107.pdf
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Dual paspoort application 2018/9/27 06:06
if you are a Japanese citizen, you should know the Japan's system or be able to communicate about this subject to Embassy of Japan in Philippine. they will explain you.

The Japanese citizen here is a child. Please read the words correctly.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Dual paspoort application 2018/9/27 12:36
To receive a Japanese passport if you are living in the Philippines now, then yes you would go through the Japanese embassy in Manila. For the Philippine passport, you would go through wherever your local passports are issued, city hall or some such.
by Murny (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread