Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting to Tokyo from hotel near Narita 2018/9/27 00:50
Hello Me and My friend are coming to Japan for 2 weeks in November and we made a mistake of booking a flight and hotel for Narita as we want to go to Tokyo so since we are going to Narita airport and staying at a Hotel near the airport. What would be a good way to get to Tokyo ?
by RebelNick  

Re: Getting to Tokyo from hotel near Narita 2018/9/27 12:02
Train by one hour each way.

I would just book a new hotel.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Tokyo from hotel near Narita 2018/9/27 13:00
Hour is best case to the east side of Tokyo. It's double that if you take the cheaper train and want to visit the west side (Shinjuku, etc). It would also ruin a lot of common daytrips due to the extra travel time (Hakone, Fuji, Nikko, etc)

Very few japanese hotels lock you in, so try to switch to a hotel in Tokyo if you can. Flying into Narita is very common, but staying there is far from ideal. You'll spend a bundle on train/bus fare in addition to the time, so even paying a cancellation fee is worth it.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Tokyo from hotel near Narita 2018/9/28 00:54
Well I booked the hotel on a site and they wont refund our money for the hotel
by RebelNick rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Tokyo from hotel near Narita 2018/9/28 05:39
How many days did you book? What were you planning to visit in Tokyo?

It's not like it's the end of the world, but you will be burning at least 2000 yen and 2 hours each day to Tokyo and back. So you may have adjust plans.

There are some cool things around Narita and the rest of Chiba to see as well that you will be closer to. So it is not all downsides.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Tokyo from hotel near Narita 2018/9/28 06:12
Are you staying the whole 2 weeks in Narita? Perhaps you can negotiate to change the duration.

The cheapest way to Tokyo is by this express bus http://accessnarita.jp/en/home/
I have taken it, and it is not too bad with free WiFi on board. But you don't want to do that everyday for 2 weeks. Good luck.

by edokko101 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Tokyo from hotel near Narita 2018/9/28 11:20
If you cannot change booking, here is one option.
To/from Tokyo station about 1 hour/1000yen one way.
http://www.keiseibus.co.jp/inbound/tokyoshuttle/en/
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread