Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

10 days enough for Osaka, Nara, Kyoto? 2018/9/29 22:57
I will be based in Osaka , I decided to not get a hotel in each city.. so is 10 days at the end of March enough time to explore and enjoy all 3 cities? Osaka Kyoto and Nara?
by Bran85  

Re: 10 days enough for Osaka, Nara, Kyoto? 2018/9/30 11:08
In Blink eye,it seems 10 days is enough time to explore, But in reality
1 months is not enough. Because this 3 prefecture has thousands of attracted things to explore. However you must buy surutto kansai pass
by Juhi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days enough for Osaka, Nara, Kyoto? 2018/9/30 11:32
Yep, 10 days is plenty depending on what you like to do but as the previous poster said you could visit for a month and not see everything worth seeing. But I wouldnt base myself in Osaka, unless you like big cities. Nara in particular is nicest in the mornings before the buses arrive.

If you arent staying overnight you could probably see the main Nara attractions in a day (we usually stay 3 days or so but that is for a relax), Uji is also worth a look (maybe a half day), probably 4 days for Kyoto before you are ready for something else, maybe a daytrip to Hikone which has an awesome castle, and a couple of days in Osaka.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days enough for Osaka, Nara, Kyoto? 2018/9/30 13:19
Plenty. Twice the the days of the minimum required.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days enough for Osaka, Nara, Kyoto? 2018/9/30 16:07
Yes. While I would happily spend 10 days there I would take say three nights out for a trip somewhere else. There is/are no shortage of options
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days enough for Osaka, Nara, Kyoto? 2018/9/30 16:07
I actually preferred Kyoto over Osaka, so I would either base yourself in one or split the time between 2 of the 3 (or even all 3 if you like travel city hopping). Why to base yourself in Osaka: cheap food, drinking, and friendly people. Kyoto: food, temples, and charming streets. The two places are very different, so I truly recommend staying in both places if you don't mind hotel hopping. Depending on what you like to do, you may want to add more days to one versus the other. But if you want to base yourself out of one, then please consider wisely. I did 1 night Osaka, 1 night Nara, and 3 nights Kyoto (plus other nights elsewhere).
by Heather (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days enough for Osaka, Nara, Kyoto? 2018/9/30 17:05
I'd say 10 days is definitely enough. I havent been to Nara or Kyoto though, but I'm sure three days for each city is plenty. We spent three days in Osaka this summer and it was the perfect amount of time to explore all of the highlights of the city.

Check out this website for things you can't miss in Osaka! :https://alovingladytravels.com/tag/osaka/
by Kyra (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days enough for Osaka, Nara, Kyoto? 2018/9/30 22:05
All 3 cities are reasonably close to one another, but Nara is much more accessible from Kyoto compared to Osaka (I think - I might be wrong though).

Do note that Kyoto will be VERY BUSY towards the end of March due to Hanami or Cherry blossoms.

As others have said - 10 days is plenty to see the basics but all of Kyoto would easily take more than a month. I should know - I've spent longer than 3 weeks in Kyoto and still have not done everything!

My biggest suggestion is to have temple free days scattered throughout your time in these three cities. Hikone is also a nice break from these cities and not too far away (plus its a reasonably impressive original castle).
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread