Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Recommendations for autumn colors viewing 2018/10/1 12:48
Hi there

Have 3 days to go outside Tokyo (26, 27, 28 Oct), 28 oct nite need to be back Tokyo, then maybe 29 oct & 30 oct can travel out again (but staying in Tokyo).

Where do you recommend for autumn leave for 26 to 28 Oct? Wish to purchase one of the JR pass to cover the area.

Been to quite a few places for past years wish to see more new places. Some area are touch & go so don mind to return again.

Thanks!
by May (guest)  

Re: Recommendations for autumn colors viewing 2018/10/1 18:25
Takayama maybe?
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Recommendations for autumn colors viewing 2018/10/1 19:54
I don't know which places you've been before, but maybe Nikko? Nikko has peak colors in mid October, but I'm not sure if the peak will last until the end of October. You are going quite early in the season, so maybe it's better to check the higher elevations. It's probably a good idea to check the previous years reports on fall foliage here in Japan Guide. I believe it will help you a lot.

Enjoy your trip!!!!
by catiasmteixeira rate this post as useful

Re: Recommendations for autumn colors viewing 2018/10/5 17:03
Hi have not cover Kamikochi & Hakuba so will visit these 2 for this round for autumn leave.

Heard could be a bit late for autumn leave in kamikochi ..

Is there any other nearby places to make up the 3 dys for autumn leaves if possible.

& which way is easier to travel Tokyo - kamikochi - Hakuba - Tokyo or the other way round

Thot to stop by Niigata but seem not enough time

Where to find bus schedule for above ?
thanks
by Coco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread