Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working on personal project in Japan 2018/10/4 11:33
Hello All,

I'm a programmer, Indonesian.
A freelance and not employed. but I work on 2 projects from Malaysian company as freelance. I work remotely from Indonesia. I have plan to visit japan in winter for 6 weeks(sure with enough bank savings).
As Japan tourist visa stated that the holder can't do any remuneration or income generated activity. May I still working on my freelance project that I said above while staying in japan?

Thank you,
William
by William Cahyadi (guest)  

Re: Working on personal project in Japan 2018/10/4 16:41
If you can stay for six week, (check this due to your home country). I see no issue with your plans. Just don't tell nobody.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Working on personal project in Japan 2018/10/4 21:23
yes, you can. there is no violation of immigration law.
the law prohibits to work in companies which are located in Japan or to get money in Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working on personal project in Japan 2018/10/5 02:22
I guess that nowadays many of us have to do some work for our home-country jobs while on holiday...morefs the pity ;0(
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Working on personal project in Japan 2018/10/6 07:37
You are not working for a Japanese company or being paid for work in Japan so you are not "working" under the definitions.

It is similar to other business people that travel to Japan for meetings or work. They are paid employees, and working, but not "working in Japan".
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread