Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Paid Internship Visa 2018/10/4 21:43
Im from the Netherlands and have found a company that wants me to work for them in Japan. The problem is that they cant pay me with a Tourist Visa. And a Work Visa gives the company too much responsability over me, plus that its hard to get for someone without alot of work experience in the Netherlands.

Is there any other VISA option or to get paid under a different umbrella with a Tourist Visa? All i really want is to work at this company and have 300 Euro for Rent. Any possiblities are welcomed. Thanks in advance for answering
by FPRINS (guest)  

Re: Paid Internship Visa 2018/10/5 10:36
If the company pays you a rent allowance I believe this is not considered income. Confirm with immigration.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Paid Internship Visa 2018/10/8 06:29
You are not allowed to receive any kind of compensation for working on a tourist visa.

I was going to suggest Working Holiday Visa, which would allow someone aged 18-30 to work part time, but it appears that it isn't offered to citizens of The Netherlands. Sorry

You could work part-time (up to 28 hr/wk I think) on a Student Visa. But that would require enrolling at a school somewhere.
by yesmikan rate this post as useful

Re: Paid Internship Visa 2018/10/8 14:09
You are not allowed to receive any kind of compensation for working on a tourist visa.

That doesn't help without a definition of "compensation for working". If you think if means "any kind of money from the company where you are working", you are wrong.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Paid Internship Visa 2018/10/8 23:47
If you think if means "any kind of money from the company where you are working", you are wrong.

Foreigners have been arrested in the past for receiving lodging as compensation for doing work on a tourist visa: https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20161013/p2a/00m/0na/004000c
by yesmikan rate this post as useful

Re: Paid Internship Visa 2018/10/9 13:43
Hello fellow Dutch.

I think with out getting a working visa you do not have many other changes to work for that company.
If they do not want to arrange the correct visa, than it means you are only there for a short time.

You can try to get a study visa which allows you to work 28hrs a week, but you need to go to a school also.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Paid Internship Visa 2018/10/9 17:30
that is word usage problem.
I think internship is not a work in Japan. you can't work in internship.
there is no words "compensation for working",労働に対する補償. it can be "compensation for the expense (which was already paid)",以前支払ったものに対する補償 or "payment for working",労働に対する支払.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Paid Internship Visa 2018/10/10 09:51
Internship often goes hand in hand with student visa or working visa which is available for some countries.
On a tourist visa you just may not do anything, just the purpose of the tourist visa, visit and go sightseeing.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread