Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How do I find local photographers in Iwate? 2018/10/5 01:19
Hello,

I am looking to collaborate with a local photographer/videographer from Iwate Prefecture, near Otsuchi that shoots landscapes, scenic views, community people, fisherman and traditional cultural elements.

I would like to see if we can collaborate together on a project I am doing locally. My family lives in Otsuchi.

Thank you.

James
by James Hammett (guest)  

Re: How do I find local photographers in Iwate? 2018/10/5 19:34
Facebook?
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: How do I find local photographers in Iwate? 2018/10/6 09:48
Is it a paid gig? The further out of major cities you travel the more you will struggle to find people to work on things like photography projects that arenft offering much/anything in terms of financial remuneration. Any photographer you are likely to find in a small town like that will be reliant on bread and butter stuff like baby and wedding photography, and anyone who isnft in that particular line of work will likely be too busy with their own successful projects to give you the time of day. If I were in your situation I would be inclined to look for an enthusiastic student at one of the colleges in Sendai or elsewhere who can come up on the weekends and work with you. Most good photography students jump at the chance to do some assistant work with a more experienced photographer, and if they actually get to shoot some stuff for themselves then thatfs even better.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I find local photographers in Iwate? 2018/10/7 02:35
The town office might be advisable, because Otsuchi is a very very small town, I think there are very few photographers there, and the town office could advise you which one is the best for you, or at least you could get a lead on finding one from there. Good luck.
by neko (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread