Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best date skiing at Kusatsu 2018/10/6 00:50
I'm planning for my next trip to Japan Tokyo, two to three days I intend to visit Kusatsu for skiing, what is the best date to visit for skiing, and whiles a few hotels state "ski-to-door access" what does that mean, I have searched, but couldn't find the exact meaning, only something like ski-in/ski-out, which I still don't understand.
by kms899  

Re: Best date skiing at Kusatsu 2018/10/6 13:38
"Ski-to-door access" or "ski in ski out" means that the hotel is right next to the ski slopes, so you don't have to take a bus or travel to get to the lifts. You can put your skis on right outside the hotel/your door and go straight to the ski lifts. At the end of the day, you can ski from the slopes directly to your hotel/where you're staying. So it's very convenient.

As for timing, I would check Snow Japan's website, which has a yearly overview of the general weather conditions for each resort throughout the season. I would choose dates that are solidly in the season and not too early or too late, as you risk not having enough (or good) snow for skiing. Generally anytime in January/February is a safe bet for good snow. Here's the website's overview for Kusatsu Kokusai: https://www.snowjapan.com/japan-ski-resorts/gunma/kusatsu/kusatsu-koku...
by Murny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best date skiing at Kusatsu 2018/10/6 21:23
Thanks for the reply, I've visited the site, before I posted, although it states the 4 months in season for skiing, is there a better date, when the snow is better during those times.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Best date skiing at Kusatsu 2018/10/7 13:45
As I said, Generally anytime in January/February is a safe bet for good snow.
by Murny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best date skiing at Kusatsu 2018/10/7 13:51
Thanks, I probably missed that part.
by Kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread