Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

applying for university 2018/10/6 22:16
Hello! I would be very grateful if I could have some help in a situation I have! I am currently studying japanese at a language school, yet my goal is to become an interpreter and hopefully work in japan as one. So far, english is fine (even though it is not my mother tongue but I had it since elementary school until high school and practice myself a lot out of school hours to raise it to a fluent, native level) yet, as expected, since I want to contibue my studies here and my level of japanese is not yet that high as I started studying it this past january, and the entrance exams for the university arw in japanese and to enter it would require a JLPT N2 or N1 to enter in most of the cases, I see myself in a pinch since the schoolfs staff said that my student visa would end on the next year because the maximum perios of that school is two years and I donft want to go back, when I still have to reach a good level of japanese too. Some teachers mentioned the e wZe(senmongakkõ) but those are only two years of studies and to work here in interpretation or translation you need an university degree. Therefore, I would like to know if there is some kind of alternative here? Like, either can I try to prolong my japanese studies at the same time I try to conciliate university somehow? should I try to apply for a japanese course somewhere first and then the university? I would appreciate some input from anyone who has knowledge on this matter. Thank you in advance.
by mari (guest)  

Re: applying for university 2018/10/8 01:25
There are Japanese universities that offer programs taught in English, which you seem to be unaware of.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread