Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 h 40 mins to Transfer in Narita Airport 2018/10/7 11:45
My flight arrives at Narita International Airport at 8:00am and my flight from Narita to Osaka is 9:40, will i make this flight?
by Victor Mechai (guest)  

Re: 1 h 40 mins to Transfer in Narita Airport 2018/10/7 15:21
If you flight arrives on time, it will be no problem. But if your flight is delayed, it can be come difficult. If you purchased the two flights together from the same company, you will get additional support from ground personnel which can make the transfer easier, and they may also wait a little for the delayed arrival. If you purchased the two flights separately, such additional support cannot be expected.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: 1 h 40 mins to Transfer in Narita Airport 2018/10/7 16:14
You should be fine, it's easy to forget that they do this every day. If you are delayed & your ongoing flight is with the same airline they will do everything in their power to help you make the connection.

P.s. not strictly relevant but I transferred at Haneda in 50 minutes thanks to JAL staff & that includes getting the Tokyo monorail between terminals :)
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: 1 h 40 mins to Transfer in Narita Airport 2018/10/7 22:32
Hi!

Depending on the airline even if your flight onwards was not booked with the same airline/booked at the same time, sometimes your originating flight will still help you make your connection, particularly when the delay is the airline's fault. This July I was taking ANA to LAX and changing there for Alaskan to Vegas. The flights were not booked on the same itinerary or at the same time because I originally hoped to see family in CA before traveling to see family near Vegas. My ANA flight was delayed more than 1 hour because of equipment issues and I only had under 2 hours to transfer at LAX. I let ANA know politely that my 3 hour layover was now a less than 2 hour layover and I was concerned about making my flight. They had someone meet us when we deplaned with some express passes to get through Customs and Immigration faster. We made our flight.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread