Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving and studying in Japan (high school) 2018/10/8 05:26

Hi. I am about to be adopted by my japanese step-father and live in japan. I plan to continue high school there. What are the requirements for admission in Japanese public high schools?
by Nicole Sui (guest)  

Re: Moving and studying in Japan (high school) 2018/10/8 19:19
Mostly, to pass the entrance exam. For more details, ask the relevant board of education (usually prefectural, but there are some municipal high schools as well) or consult its website.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving and studying in Japan (high school) 2018/10/8 20:49
you should talk to your father, before you ask others. this is his responsibility as a father.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving and studying in Japan (high school) 2018/10/9 04:02
I don't know which country you are moving from, but the compulsory education (i.e., free) in Japan currently is up to 9th grade only. To attend a public high school (grades 10, 11, & 12) you have to pass the entrance exam and pay small tuition. There are private schools or international schools that are easier to pass than public schools, but tuition is usually higher. It also means that you don't have to attend any high school (not recommended, but not a requirement either).
by A5 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving and studying in Japan (high school) 2018/10/11 19:08
Simplest answer is be able to understand Japanese (speaking, writing, reading, and listening). Pass the entrance exam that your school requires. Remember where you are. When in Rome, do as Romans do.

You should tell us what country you immigrate from and how good your Japanese is. Is your mom also Japanese? Do they know anything at all?
by DisIsPatrick (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread