Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

my sister is pregnant, has hives 2018/10/8 22:30
Hello

My sister is in the worst situation.she is in Japan until 13 October.would you please recommend us a drug or store ?
thank you very much.
by ghazaleh (guest)  

Re: my sister is pregnant, has hives 2018/10/9 10:50
What city are you in and what district within that city?
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: my sister is pregnant, has hives 2018/10/9 11:27
Hives or similar reaction can come from different causes - please make sure she goes to see a doctor, and describes potential causes (recent food intake, strong sun exposure or other climate conditions experienced, anything she can think of), to get appropriate treatment.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: my sister is pregnant, has hives 2018/10/9 14:07
I agree with AK,

Asking random people on the internet is not a solution for your sister.
The cause needs to be treated
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: my sister is pregnant, has hives 2018/10/9 14:17
Depending on where she currently is, you/she can search for an English speaking doctor online. Most of the embassies maintain such lists. If she is in a major city thatfs no problem at all. I hope she took out medical insurance before traveling. But even if not a consultation with a GP isnft terribly expensive and definitely advisable. The doctor will be able to advise on appropriate treatment in her specific case.

Wishing her a quick recovery!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: my sister is pregnant, has hives 2018/10/9 20:22
now im in tokyo
by ghazaleh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: my sister is pregnant, has hives 2018/10/10 00:50
I have personal experience with this GP:

http://pctclinic.com/appointments/

He is Japanese-American and also his staff speaks English. You can get an appointment online or probably also by phone.

He is close to Shimokitazawa station.

There are other English speaking GPs in Tokyo as well. If however she goes to a hospital (eg St Luke) it will generally be more expensive than a normal GP.

Wishing her quick recovery!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: my sister is pregnant, has hives 2018/10/10 09:48
I can also recommend Tokyo Medical and Surgical Clinic, 32 Shibakoen Building, Shibakoen 3-4-30. Telephone 03 3436 3028. I have used them on several occasions. They have Western and English speaking Japanese doctors. As well they have a Pharmacy on the 1st floor. They are 7 mins from Kamiyacho Stn. exit 1 on Hibiya Line, up near Tokyo Tower.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread