Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Access to Hamamatsucho monorail station 2018/10/11 17:32
I am staying at the Remm Rippongi Hotel and will arrive by taxi at Hamamatsucho station for the Haneda monorail. Where should I get off the taxi for easy access to monorail station? is there a separate entrance for monorail station?
by Vinod (guest)  

Re: Access to Hamamatsucho monorail station 2018/10/11 19:44
The JR and Monorail stations are separate.

Just tell the driver you are taking the Monorail; they will know what to do.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Access to Hamamatsucho monorail station 2018/10/12 16:39
Thanks, i will keep the Monorail Hamamatsucho Station translated in Japanese handy on my phone for the cabbie.
by Vinod (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Access to Hamamatsucho monorail station 2018/10/12 16:55
Fortunately, monorail in Japanese is monorail.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Access to Hamamatsucho monorail station 2018/10/12 18:36
Is there a reason why you can not change trains at Subway Oedo Line, Daimon Station?
https://goo.gl/maps/dzQhHDpcNLy
(Change dep date and time.)
by Christel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Access to Hamamatsucho monorail station 2018/10/12 19:00
Thanks gregalor. Christel, I will have two suitcases and a laptop bag, so changing trains makes me nervous.
by Vinod (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Access to Hamamatsucho monorail station 2018/10/13 07:54
They could change trains at Daimon, but Google maps does not tell the whole story. The transfer distance is about 100 meters and you need to get the correct exit and then into the monorail station - for some people or regular users, it is not hard, but a first time is is a little more complex. Taxi is easy, 10 minutes, 3 km and depending on number of people not so expensive. Taxi gets them from the hotel drops you at the door of the monorail. It also avoids getting down into Roppongi Station - yes there are suitcase friendly entrances, but quite a few that are not.

(I see people getting lost with Google maps all over Japan - most recently last night here in Kyoto - it doesn't always give a good route or suggestions.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Access to Hamamatsucho monorail station 2018/10/13 09:05
The monorail station is set back from the street a bit, more or less between the JR Hamamatsucho station and the Daimon subway station.
Last year was doing the change from subway to monorail there and realised if you find the JR station first coming out of Daimon, you've walked too far as it was not clearly signposted at street level.
by Phil (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread