Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Ameyoko/Tsukiji O. Mart walkable in 1 day? 2018/10/11 20:47
I am planning a 2 week holiday to tokyo and its outlying areas like Kawaguchiko and Nikko, so I need to know if 1 day for each venue is sufficient. Or is 1 day not enough to cover 1 area?

Please advise. Thank you.
by Lim (guest)  

Re: Is Ameyoko/Tsukiji O. Mart walkable in 1 day? 2018/10/12 09:51
You don't mean to walk from Ameyoko to Tsukiji OM, do you? You can take a subway for a less than 30 min ride.

How much time to spend at each location depends on how much you want to see and eat. I would estimate 2 hour for each location should be good.
by O92 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Ameyoko/Tsukiji O. Mart walkable in 1 day? 2018/10/12 09:58
Hi there

Hell no, I have no intention of walking from Ameyoko to Tsukiji. I am just planning my itinerary now. If Ameyoko or Tsukiji is so interesting that I need two full days to cover it, then I need to plan for it right now.

By the way, I read from Tsukiji website that there's a toilet at Plat. Does it mean to say diners are not allowed to use the toilets at cafe or restaurant?
by Lim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Ameyoko/Tsukiji O. Mart walkable in 1 day? 2018/10/12 10:12
I cannot speak for all restaurant in Tsukiji O.M., because I have only eaten at two places. Both places were tiny sushi bars and they don't have their own restrooms, so you had to use the public restrooms. I have never eaten at a bigger establishment, so I don't know if they have their own restrooms. Places that sell street food don't have restrooms for customers.
by O92 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Ameyoko/Tsukiji O. Mart walkable in 1 day? 2018/10/13 08:09
My last 1/2 dozen visits to Ameyoko an hour was more than enough for my guests, but if you are shopping or eating in the area, then two hours. Combine with Ueno Park and the attractions there.

Tsukiji outer market - maybe a destination for a meal, but there are lots of other restaurant areas where you can get superior sushi. Again, last time in the area my guests were all done in around an hour- they had searched out everything they had wanted to see.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Is Ameyoko/Tsukiji O. Mart walkable in 1 day? 2018/10/13 22:31
I understand Tsukiji was not a place meant for accommodating tourists, so public toilets are few. Does this mean that if you are far away at one corner of the outer market and your child suddenly tells you that she needs to go to the toilet urgently, you have to walk all that darn distance to Plat???

Re: Is Ameyoko/Tsukiji O. Mart walkable in 1 day? 2018/10/13 22:38
Hi

Thank you for telling me about Ueno Park. I would like to bring my child to the zoo. Is it huge? Does it need 1 whole day to cover it? Is it better to go to the zoo first or Ameyoko first? Do these 2 places have benches for people to sit down and rest? Are there public toilets at Ameyoko?

reply to this thread