Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Payday in Japan 2018/10/12 06:09
If my payday will be a sunday, which day will i be payed?
Friday or next monday?
by Gu (guest)  

Re: Payday in Japan 2018/10/12 09:49
Really depends on the company, but usually Friday.
You should ask your employer.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Payday in Japan 2018/10/12 10:43
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Or ask you employer
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Payday in Japan 2018/10/12 12:51
Probably Friday, but you can ask the boss, ask another employee, or wait and find out.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Payday in Japan 2018/10/12 14:20
It's usually Friday, because employers are not supposed to impose any disadvantage in terms of remuneration payment to their employees.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Payday in Japan 2018/10/12 17:27
this is written in 給与規定, pay regulation. this document has to be registered to governmental labor office, 労働基準監督署.
if there is no description about payment in holidays, payment should be done on the previous weekday.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Payday in Japan 2018/10/13 08:00
Just to add a different perspective, my experience paying people is that it is mandated that payment must be done on the working day before if a pay date falls on a weekend or holiday - say if you are being paid on 15th or 20th of the month.
Possibly also relevant is if you are being paid in arrears (ie for the previous month), or for the current month. Really depends on your employer.
But if it is unclear and you need to come to a forum to ask, you need to have better clarity about your own employment situation and contract. Don't you have your terms of employment written down? If not, you really should.

by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread