Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How much spending money should I take? 2018/10/12 14:13
Hello,

I will be traveling to Japan in November for four days. My boyfriend and I plan on visiting Hiroshima and iwakuni and lots of other places. I have $600 saved up for spending money (food, clothing, etc..) is that enough for 4 days or should I take more?
by Veronica (guest)  

Re: How much spending money should I take? 2018/10/12 18:51
Certainly enough for food and misc., and you would be bringing your own clothes, right? But if you plan to purchase clothes - then maybe not, depending upon what and where you shop. Maybe you should think of clothes as a separate budget item and bring an amout for that.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How much spending money should I take? 2018/10/12 18:59
I guess a lot depends on what sort of dollars they are.

600 Liberian dollars would be about 430 yen, for instance.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: How much spending money should I take? 2018/10/12 21:46
We are not being rude. For instance $600 Australian would be 48000 Yen which might be enough but probably wouldn't be. $600 U.S. would be 67000 Yen which almost certainly would.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: How much spending money should I take? 2018/10/12 23:04
It depends on what kind of meals you want. For example, if you want to try Kaiseki cuisine or going to expensive sukiyaki restaurants, of course, that budget will be limited since you want to buy clothes as well. Besides is that amount for two? Or just for you? I'm going to Japan in November as a solo traveller, going to stay 10 days and I'll be bringing 800€ (924 US dollars) just for food, souvenirs and for museum/temple admission, and I think it will be quite enough since I'm alone and I don't plan on eating on expensive restaurants. If that amount is for two (considering it's US dollars), it's not much, but if it's just for you, then it will be plenty enough.

When you say you want to buy clothes, you mean traditional japanese wear or regular clothes? Or accessories?
by catiasmteixeira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread