Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does 2 day kintetsu pass cover yoshino? 2018/10/14 01:28
Hi I'm looking to visit mount yoshino and I am a bit confused by what I've read on the forum and by what is shown on the kintetsu website.
On the website, it looks like the 2 day pass coverage stops short of yoshino. Can anyone help to confirm this? Also, which yoshino train stop would be best? There is a yoshinoguchi,a yoshino and one other with the name yoshino in it.

I'll be travelling from Kyoto to mount yoshino. A two way trip by limited express is likely to cost 5000y and more. Any cheaper ways to go about this?

Thanks!
by Psychedelical  

Re: Does 2 day kintetsu pass cover yoshino? 2018/10/14 08:41
I think you are confusing the 1-day pass with the 2-day pass. The 1-day pass indeed does not cover Yoshino, but the 2-day pass does.

If you don't understand Kintetsu's official website, then you may try this alternative attempt at explaining the pass:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_006.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Does 2 day kintetsu pass cover yoshino? 2018/10/14 10:30
Thanks so much for your clarification. I did read the coverage on kintetsu website wrongly :P
Would I be allowed to bring my own food om train if I take the blue symphony train?

Would you be able to advice what's at yoshinojingu and Yoshinoguchi stations?

Is there any special food or restaurant you would recommend in the yoshino area?

Also if I get the 5 day pass, any other areas you would recommend for a day visit (we have an extra day now heading out from Kyoto)? We have covered Nara so that's out.

Thanks so much!
by Psychedelical rate this post as useful

Re: Does 2 day kintetsu pass cover yoshino? 2018/10/14 13:32
You need to pay extra for limited express trains on top of the cost of the rail pass. So depending on how many days and which trains you wanna take, you might be better off without a pass.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread