Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Summer course in Tokyo , yes or no? 2018/10/19 22:45
Hi everyone ,
I’m a first year medical student who wishes to continue her researches in Japan. I figured that UTokyo offers summer courses regarding neuroscience (my preferred field of study) .
So I wanted to kind of prepare myself and see if I’m fit for life in Japan.
Thus I decided to join a 1-2 months summer program in Tokyo and get as familiar as I can with the language, culture, people and etc.
If any of you guys has any information regarding this experience , will you please share it here with me and others ?
Alao , I was kinda lost deciding between Kai or Genki Japanese School. And I wanted to know if you guys have any ideas which course at Genki or Kai is the best for this purpose that I’m seeking?
ありがとう〜!
by Jina (guest)  

Re: Summer course in Tokyo , yes or no? 2018/10/20 16:05
If you want to see how life in Japan is this sounds like the perfect plan. Not sure why you are hesitating.

I have not studied at those two schools but I went to Kai once for a trial lesson and they were my second choice. My husband went to Coto for a month this summer and liked it (I went to Naganuma about 1,5 yrs a few years ago).

School choice depends on your short term (or long term) goals and your language of origin. Kai and even more so Naganuma is for students who stay 1-2 years to study. Thus the focus from the beginning is on reading, writing, speaking and listening. However classes at those two schools are big (10+ students) so not that much speaking.

If speaking is your main goal and you are not from a “kanji “ country Coto might be a good choice for a short course. They focus in speaking and listening and do not spend so much time on kanjis.

As said for a short term course it totally depends on your goals, background and current Japanese abilities.

Going to any of these schools however is nearly a full time job , if you are serious about it. So not sure how you would combine it with the course at Tokyo U?

Enjoy getting to know Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Summer course in Tokyo , yes or no? 2018/10/20 19:05
Summer in Tokyo is very humid and hot. Not my idea of a pleasant stay in huge city. But if that is ok with you, try it! :)
by sullon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread