Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Certificate of Eligibility (long term) 2018/10/21 15:57
Hi. I would like to ask if there's a great chance that my COE will be rejected. Here's my story. My father worked in Japan for around 10-15 years and he has a nikkeijin visa because his grandfather is a Japanese. He was paying his taxes and everything. But when he returned back to my country (Philippines) for a vacation, something horrible happened. He suffered stroke from his vacation here and wasn't able to return back to Japan. It's been 8 years and he is still disabled. After I graduated this year, my uncle (my father's brother, who is now a permanent resident in japan) helped me and he is my guarantor. He applied for my coe. Is there a great chance that may coe will get rejected? I'm so worried right now. It's been 1 month and 17 days since he submitted my coe application.
by shinichikudo18 (guest)  

Re: Certificate of Eligibility (long term) 2018/10/21 16:58
The bottom line is, why exactly do you need to live in Japan? Your post does not make that clear at all.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Certificate of Eligibility (long term) 2018/10/21 17:19
I'm planning to work there and basically just start a new life.
by shinichikudo18 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Certificate of Eligibility (long term) 2018/10/21 17:31
if you graduate an university, you can get a working visa.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Certificate of Eligibility (long term) 2018/10/21 17:55
I'll bet your CoE will be denied then, but of course the only way to know for sure is to wait for the decision.

Re: Certificate of Eligibility (long term) 2018/10/21 18:01
Hm, wait, you say your father is "nikkei", so you are "nikkei" too, right? Then maybe you'll be granted the CoE on those grounds. Just wait like everyone.

Re: Certificate of Eligibility (long term) 2018/10/21 18:03
Yes, I'm also a nikkei jin that's why I'm getting a long term visa. I hope my CoE gets approved.

Re: Certificate of Eligibility (long term) 2018/10/21 18:07
My uncle also submitted all the information like the birth certificate of my Japanese grandparents and any information that says I'm connected to them and that I'm a nikkei . He said that no call means a good sign. Hopefully it gets approved.

reply to this thread