Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I spoke Japanese in my class 2018/10/22 16:53
Well this happened few days ago. I was having a 4th grade class,then. 80% if the students were too loud even the HRT was going around trying to control the class. It got to my nerves, said something in Japanese in a calm tone.
"Minna urusai desu ne."

It got their attention and abruptly shut their mouths.
I know the atmosphere changed. After the class I apologized to my HRT for my behavior.

What are the sanctions or probabilities that are waiting for me after this incident?

I'm happy to have some replies with my story here. Thank you..
by JapFil ALT  

Re: I spoke Japanese in my class 2018/10/22 20:42
Well I donft think itfs really appropriate for an ALT to attempt to take control of any classroom situation while there is a teacher present. You probably should have just asked the teacher if you can do anything to help. Try to be a little more patient, these are 4th grade children.

With regards to the consequences I think this is something you need to discuss with your school. Nobody here knows the people you work with.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I spoke Japanese in my class 2018/10/30 20:54
Not sure what HRT or ALT means in this context. However, if the students were loud and they weren't supposed to, then I don't see anything wrong with what you said. It wasn't even anything serious to begin with. I actually liked how they shut up after you said that. Normally, in the States, the students would become louder just to troll you.
by Disciplinary (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I spoke Japanese in my class 2018/10/30 23:25
Home room teacher, assistant language teacher.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread