Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa for relative? 2018/10/23 04:57
Me and my fiance have been discussing the best options for us once we get married, and my mom is my only family; Ifm her only family, so I would feel terrible moving to Japan and leaving her by herself. She says it would be unfair if my fiances parents get to see their grandchildren but she doesnft, and things like that. Unfortunately it seems like getting a marriage visa in Japan is going to be the easiest way for us to be together long term, as the marriage visas in America seem a lot more confusing and hard to get. So my problem is that once I move to Japan with my fiance I would want to help my mom get a visa so she can either live with us for a while or get an apartment of her own. Shefs 43 and has been on disability for years. She can get around and doesnft need handicap accessible places and things like that, itfs just difficult for her to work for a long time.
If anyone has any advice and/or links about this wefd be really grateful. My fiance; looked it up before about a year ago but i believe he said it would take a few years after I get my marriage visa for me to be able to sponsor her? Ifd also like to know how likely it is that they would actually approve it and give her the visa? Would it be really difficult to get approved?
by Marshmallow (guest)  

Re: Visa for relative? 2018/10/23 09:23
Its very easy for relative to get visa in japan i got visa my brother sponsor me he is married with japanese but ist of all you need to have valid visa one year or long and have a good job then you can sponsor your mother and she will get visa
by Alanwalker rate this post as useful

Re: Visa for relative? 2018/10/23 10:25
Assuming you are in your 20s, I wonder how much money you are making now, and will be making in Japan. There are various hurdles, everyonefs situation is different and immigration makes decisions with that in mind, but unless you have some decent work lined up in Japan I suspect that money may be one of the biggest issues.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa for relative? 2018/10/23 10:38
Ifm currently working as a contract English/Japanese tutor through a Japanese acquaintancefs company, making between 12k to 16k a month. Itfll be 2 years at this company in April so hopefully I can at least use them as a reference in Japan, but I donft have a degree in anything so that might be an issue. Do you happen to know how much income is required to be a sponsor?
by Marshmallow (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa for relative? 2018/10/23 16:58
it is not easy to get a dependent visa for your mother, as your fiance already said.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa for relative? 2018/10/23 18:31
As usual when you want to bring over someone other than your spouse or child, the only option is to apply for a CoE for "Long-Term Resident" status. Basically, you'll need to convince the immigration authorities that your mother really, really, really needs to live in Japan. If you need further assistance, consult an immigration lawyer.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa for relative? 2018/10/23 21:39
Okay 16,000 yen is how much is spend on utility bills every month so is it 12-16,000 yen or dollars? If wefre talking dollars, then you are rich and the financial side is covered. I guess youfre actually thinking in yen though, and that you mean 120-160,000. If this is the case I donft think itfs enough. Ifm not an English teacher but are probably making less than a lot of eikaiwa teachers. Not having a degree isnft a problem since youfll be married to a Japanese national which is basically a guaranteed golden ticket into Japan for you. But for your mother, I think youfre going to need more money. 160k is not a lot.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa for relative? 2018/10/23 22:00
@Liz
Sorry I was rushing and wasnft thinking straight lol
I make approx $1600 a month

Re: Visa for relative? 2018/10/23 22:06
@...

Do you know how I would go about proving that she needs to live over there with me? Would it be financially or emotionally? In both cases I could probably prove it, since Ifm partially financially responsible for her currently, and we would probably have multiple therapists to vouch for her, since she has PTSD and is constantly worrying about me. She has told me she wouldnft care about anything anymore and would probably just live on the street if I move away from her...

Re: Visa for relative? 2018/10/24 06:32
Yes you need documentation to prove medically that she need to live with you. And then further documentation to prove that you financially can support her while she lives in Japan.

You wage though wont pass the test for the second bit.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa for relative? 2018/10/24 09:31
Is there any way I can find out an exact amount that would be required to sponsor her in Japan in a household of 3 people? My fiance is possibly getting a promotion and Ifm only working part time getting $1,600 so Ifm hoping to find full time employment after moving, so I canft say for sure how much we would be making but once I find out that will gravely influence my decision to move there if I can find out an amount, even if itfs just a rough estimate of how much would be required. I found websites for sponsoring someone in America for a marriage visa but canft find any for Japan. What sources are you all basing the income amounts on because Ifm looking for an actual amount

reply to this thread