Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone in the very early morning 2018/10/23 12:50
Hi,

My partner and I will be going to Hakone in early December. We will be arriving very early (5:30am in Odawara) as we will be coming by an overnight bus. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we could do early in the morning, or a rough day itinerary that would work well with our early arrival?

We currently plan to do the Loop, visit the Hakone shrine, checkpoint, Open Air Museum, and do some small hikes (if weather permits). Also, we will be going over the weekend, so a plan that avoids the crowds would be good.

Cheers.
by Sophie (guest)  

Re: Hakone in the very early morning 2018/10/23 18:43
Weekend (and holidays) equals crowds - my recommendation is clockwise loop.
Hakone shrine - skip. (if you want more reasons pm me, but it is not worth the detour)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone in the very early morning 2018/10/24 06:15
They will have time for the shrine though. I know it is not the most exciting shrine out there. But most things on the Hakone loop aren't open until 9am. So they may as well chew up some time early morning at the shrine. As it is the only location accessible before 9am.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread