Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Donan Bus from Toya station to Lake Toya 2018/10/23 15:18
I would like to confirm that this timetable of Donan Bus from Toya station to Toyako Onsen bus Terminal www.laketoya.com/images/pdf/bus_time.pdf is valid for everyday all year, even winter right? As I am worried that there will be no local bus from Toya station to Lake Toya.

Also, with respect to a bus between Toya Onsen Terminal and Showa Shinzan(New Mountain), the Japan Guide website says that "No service from early November to late April" which is the same period that I go (28 Nov – 6 Dec 2018), so meaning the last table in the 1st page of this bus timetable is not valid in winter right? I went to Donan website, but it is in Japanese, so i couldn't understand. Please help.
by Pear (guest)  

Re: Donan Bus from Toya station to Lake Toya 2018/10/23 22:18
I went to Donan Bus website, from Toya station to Toyako Onsen bus Terminal is valid for everyday all year, even winter.

Bus between Toya Onsen Terminal and Showa Shinzan, no service from November 5 to April 28.
by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Donan Bus from Toya station to Lake Toya 2018/10/23 22:51
Thank you for your information.

May i also confirm if the name of Toya station is called "Toya JR-Murora" in hyperdia? Thanks
by Pear (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Donan Bus from Toya station to Lake Toya 2018/10/24 09:07
yes, TOYA (JR-MURORAN ) for Lake Toya
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Donan Bus from Toya station to Lake Toya 2018/10/24 16:27
Many thanks, so the only possible way for me to go from Lake Toya to Usuzan Ropeway is by taxi then?

Re: Donan Bus from Toya station to Lake Toya 2018/10/24 20:59
Yes. Taxi fare is around 2000yen.

Re: Donan Bus from Toya station to Lake Toya 2018/10/28 23:42
I have a 7 days Hokkaido Pass, I understand that it doesn't cover for Donan Bus from Toya station to Lake Toya right? If not, Do i buy a ticket with the Bus Driver on the bus or I have to buy from a machine at the Toya Train station?

Also, just wondering if it is possible to walk from Toya Onsen Terminal to Usuzan Ropeway during that period (29-30 Nov 2018)?

Thanks

Re: Donan Bus from Toya station to Lake Toya 2018/10/29 20:10
JR 7 days Hokkaido Pass doesn't cover Donan Bus. When you get off the bus, put your money in the fare box.

I am afraid it is hard to walk. It takes 15 minutes by taxi, so it takes 1 hour walk.

Re: Donan Bus from Toya station to Lake Toya 2018/10/30 00:03
Many Thanks. Does that mean I have to have exact coins or there is a machine in a bus for exchange?

Is Usuzan West Craters open in winter? Is it too far to walk from Toya Bus Terminal or again I have to take a taxi?

Thanks

Re: Donan Bus from Toya station to Lake Toya 2018/10/30 00:31
All buses that have a fare box have a change maker to change Y500 coins or Y1000 bills.

If you walk, the long section is along the lake front from the bus station to the youth hostel. At the youth hostel turn to the right it's about 2 more km uphill to the bottom of the ropeway and the parking lot with all the souvenir stores.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Donan Bus from Toya station to Lake Toya 2018/10/31 00:12
Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate.

reply to this thread