Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Finding a house in the Tokyo area (couple) 2018/10/23 19:50
Hi Everyone,
Me and my wife are about to have a child, and are thinking of moving from Kyushu to somewhere near Tokyo to seek for more opportunities for both.
We used sites like atHome in the past, but since she is a little Ko for the pregnancy I would like to be able to manage it myself, and my japanese is not good enough to sign a contract yet.

Do you know any good agency/website to find an apartment, or even a detached house more in the suburb/outskirts near Tokyo? Ideally something gaijin-friendly so that I can handle the whole thing in english.

Thanks in advance
by CaptNemo  

Re: Finding a house in the Tokyo area (couple) 2018/10/24 09:36
Try googling Plaza Homes or Ken Corp.

Whilst they do cater to corporates or expats for housing, they have got contacts with some of the outer suburban realtors, and maybe could put you in touch. They definitely have English speakers on their staff. I would send an email, in English, explaining what your requirements are.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Finding a house in the Tokyo area (couple) 2018/10/24 09:44
OakHouse - easy move-in conditions, some good apartments, some not so good.
https://www.oakhouse.jp/eng/house/tokyo

SakuraHouse - I think these guys are similar to Oak House. I used it to browse some options a few years ago, but they seemed to have more share-houses than apartments.
http://www.sakura-house.com/en

There are some other similar companies, but those are two that I know of.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Finding a house in the Tokyo area (couple) 2018/10/24 12:03
Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate! I will check them out :)
by CaptNemo rate this post as useful

Re: Finding a house in the Tokyo area (couple) 2018/10/24 23:21
Hello Captain !
I send you a message in private^^
by Mat21 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread