Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa status change questions 2018/10/26 19:41
Hello
Firstly I apologize for my poor English, but hope you will understand 😂
So... Ifm so nervous Ifm panicking even if I know it doesnft help but please help me to make some things clear!

I was apply for Status change to Spouse of Permanent Resident. Now I have Temporary Visitor and APPLICATION stamp.
By the way my country can enter Japan for 99 days without Visa if that matters.

Few days ago I received my CEO. And I thought that is done and I got visa! Lol
That was VERY DIFFICULT for us to receive CEO. Because in the past I was overstayed and it took us a year since first time they didnft accept. This time they accepted, we just gave ALL THE DOCUMENTS THAT EXIST and finally.

But now...Im getting scared by reading that CEO is just pffff and doesnft garanty nothing and that now they will make final decision reviewing my APPLICATION.

1.IS THAT TRUE TGAT CEO DOESNT MEAN NOTHING?! Why then itfs so hard to get!? Where is the logic?))))))) I thought that if you get CEO so things are done and left just simple things...Am I right? Please tell me which is more Important step 1 CEO or step 2 APPLICATION FOR CHANGING STATUS?

2. How long does it take to recieve final postcard? Woman who accepted my application said 2 weeks, but internet say up to 2 months and back side of paper that they gave me too. Actually that back side writings scares me the most.

Please explain what is going on...What are the chances to get positive answer.

Thank you sooooooooo much!
by Nicegirlbutgreen (guest)  

Re: Visa status change questions 2018/10/27 10:19
You should not have applied for a CoE, as it is not a necessary prerequisite for a change of status application. Having obtained a CoE may or may not speed up the processing of your change of status application, but better not count on it.

Alternatively, with the CoE you can go back to your country and apply for a visa at the Japanese consulate there.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa status change questions 2018/10/27 12:34
Omg
I thought it is necessary. I thought is a permission for receiving visa. Otherwise why would they make it so difficult and requiring such many documents.
I think you mistake

If just apply for change of status would be enough my husband would know it. Immigration would say it.
by OP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa status change questions 2018/10/27 12:43
I thought is a permission for receiving visa.

It is (with some exceptions), but a change of status and a visa are different things.

Re: Visa status change questions 2018/10/27 12:51
If just apply for change of status would be enough my husband would know it. Immigration would say it.

Why do you say your husband would know it? Is he an immigration lawyer or something?

As for immigration, they are not your friends. Their job is not to make your life easier, it is to process the applications you submit to them. If you ask them about visas, they will tell you about visas, not about change of status procedures.

reply to this thread