Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shipping morning after pills to japan? 2018/11/7 21:17
Can i ship morning after pills (levonorgestrel is the main component) to japan?
I want to ship some morning after pills from Russia, since they are very cheap and easy to buy there. But i'm afraid that customs might not allow it. Though i need just 3-5 packs which is certainly less that 2 months minimum of pills that is usually allowed to be shipped to Japan. I'm not sure... Because buying those pills here is a nightmare .
by Ladyindistress (guest)  

Re: Shipping morning after pills to japan? 2018/11/8 11:40
difficult to answer.

Codeine based meds is a no-no, as are some inhalers, anti-hystamines and decongestants.
Why you dont go to a doctor in Japan? It will be easier and less hassle if you can get her meds that way.

There are enough English speaking doctors in Japan.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping morning after pills to japan? 2018/11/8 13:06
@justmyday

Access to oral contraceptives in Japan sucks. You even need a prescription for the morning after pill (unless things have changed recently). Itfs completely ridiculous.

I donft use oral contraceptives but if I did Ifd be bringing them in from another country. Going to the doctor every time I DONfT wanna get pregnant? Sorry Japan, but nope.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping morning after pills to japan? 2018/11/8 13:50
if you do not want to get pregnant than use protection.
There are also places in Japan where you can go if you do not want to go to the doctor.
Special support centers

Re: Shipping morning after pills to japan? 2018/11/8 15:39
generally speaking, you can, if you write customs declaration honestly. I think the medicine you send is not prohibited in Japan. they may request some additional paperwork in Japan, because it is import of medicine.
if you write it dishonestly and customs office finds the medicine, the receiver will get a big trouble in Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping morning after pills to japan? 2018/11/8 17:37
Morning after pills are "emergency" pills, and they are given as prescription medicine at clinics in Japan (I assume you are talking about the same type, you take a certain number of those pills during 3 days or so after a sexual encounters where you might fear pregnancy) and as far as I understand, because it is emergency, such as another means of protection failing, it is nothing you take regularly. For the rare cases in my life so far I needed to get it, I had no problem locating a clinic and getting this medication quickly.

The same goes for oral contraception pills that you take regularly (like they come in packs of 21 or 28 tablets), they require a visit to the doctor initially for health check, then once in several months afterwards.

They might be more expensive in Japan (of course I do not know the price in your home country), but for my own health, I do not find this process of having to go to a clinic cumbersome.

If you want to import them from overseas, it should be possible, as the substance is not prohibited for use in Japan. But if you import a few months' worth of "emergency" type of pills, customs officer might think you are not importing for your own use but for sale in Japan. That is about the only concern I see.

I am staying anonymous on this thread but am a regular user of this forum, BTW.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping morning after pills to japan? 2018/11/8 21:29
if you do not want to get pregnant than use protection.
This topic is literally a question about the availability of protection.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping morning after pills to japan? 2018/11/9 09:25
@LIZ

I do love you arguments and I hope we can keep going on like this.

@OP
I work with pharmaceutical companies in Japan and work close with the Japanese FDA (PmDA) to consult and implement new regulations. Japan is strict with regulations and protecting the market.
In Japan only Planovar and Norlevo are allowed for use. If you can get those from your country than you can send the medicine over. If you have another type of medication than it is your own risk to send it over of course. Maybe additional paper work needs to be done.

Re: Shipping morning after pills to japan? 2018/11/9 17:22
@LIZ (guest) -protection means before the egg is fertilized by sperm, so this is not protection because protection means to prevent meaning before they form anything, morning after pills is after you are already pregnant so its not "protection" I think justmyday meant using contraceptives like going onto the "pill" and or using a condom.
by Ashley (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping morning after pills to japan? 2018/11/9 20:31
@Ashley : medically speaking you are not yet pregnant when taking the morning after pill. If you were it wouldnft work. It is not an abortion pill.

I do get however the point that the morning after pill is not meant to be a protection but an emergency remedy.

This means that for importing such drug maybe you can get a small quantity (like amount for 2-3 times) but anything bigger would easily look like you want to sell it.

Importing drugs is a heavily regulated business with multiple paper documents (eg certificate of analysis , potentially QP Release... etc ) that you need to provide which isnft anything you as a private person can get hold of. Bringing some pills along for your personal use is fine though.

Thus if you want to bring a few next time you travel outside of Japan go ahead. But for day-to-day use, please use something else.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping morning after pills to japan? 2018/11/9 20:50
I believe Triquilar and Ange, which contain levonorgestrel, are prescribed in Japan for contraceptive purposes (low dosage one you take regularly that is).
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread