Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka for family 2018/11/13 17:10
Hi, I am wondering what is there to do in Osaka for my family.

Here is my itinerary:

Day 1:
- Arrive from Kyoto by 11am
- Check-in at Cross Hotel and lunch
- Visit Osaka Castle
- Shopping and dinner at Tenjinbashisuji Shotengai

Day 2:
- Full day in Universal Studios

Day 3:
- Kuromon Ichiba Market
- Minami area: Dotombori, Doguyasuji Arcade (kitchenware), Shinsaibashi-suji Shopping Arcade, Amerika Mura, Den-Den (electronics)
*Will need to travel back to Kansai Airport by 7pm for late night flight
by Clarie  

Re: Osaka for family 2018/11/17 03:25
Hi,

For the best information I'd like to have some information about the ages of your family members and the dates on which you will visit Osaka, since the Winter Illuminations which will start soon in Osaka are definitely worth visiting.

However, let me help you out a little bit already.

Day 01: Shopping at Tenjinbashisuji is, in my opinion, not the best shopping experience in Osaka. It has a lot of shops, but most are more Osaka residents orientated, than tourists. However it is nice walking around. Do know, it is a lot of street to cover (might be tiring with kids). My advice, start or finish at Temma station and go to Tenjinbashisuji-6-chome station. At the end of the shopping street is the Osaka Museum of Housing and Living. (on the opposite side of the McDonalds) This is a cheap and small museum about the history of Osaka. However, there you can rent kimono's for 5 euro's a piece (male, female, children) and walk around the ancient streets inside the museum. Definitely a nice place for photographs and for the children to play around.

Hi, I am wondering what is there to do in Osaka for my family.

Day 02: Great idea. Loved Universal studios. Tip: Go on a weekday and outside a holiday to avoid most of the crowds. You definitely DO NOT want to be there on a weekend! About ticketing, I'd recommend buying a fastpass. I know it is expensive, but I was able to cover the entire park with the pass, which I wouldn't have been able to do without one.

Day 03: Never been to the Market so can not say. Dotombori is nice with all the lights, the glica sign and the famous food street. (Definitely buy food to get the full experience). I can not say anything about the rest of the area. Shinsaibashi-suji is nice and has long opening hours, so you can also do it after a day trip. (Although wasn't that all impressed with it).

Additional tips:
-If you go in November/December/January: Check to see if there are any winter illuminations in town. Namba Parks always has a very nice one.
-Namba Parks in my opinion is a nice place to shop (if you are really looking for clothes etc).
-Near Namba: If you are in the area check out Namba Yasaka Shrine (A temple shaped like a dragon's head. Might be fun for the children).
-Near Tennoji is a zoo, which might also be a nice place with children (need around 3 hours in the zoo)
by Mikichan1991 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread