Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Tandem bike rental for road trip 2018/11/13 20:53
Hello,
Long time reader of this amazing forum, and first time poster.

My bf (who is semi-pro extreme cyclist) and myself (cannot cycle whatsoever) are planning our second trip to japan (and my 5th). we will be there 21st of March to 20th to April 2019.

Ideally, we want to spend 10 days exploring Shikoku on tandem bike. starting from Onomichi (or there about) and back. I was wondering if anyone here can be of help suggesting possible stores to rent tandem bikes for this period?

We'd appreciate any help on this subject. and we are flexible regarding the destination (ideally Shikoku, but we can rearrange schedule if rentals are only available in other regions/prefectures).

Thanks in advance,
Maya
by mishcka  

Re: Tandem bike rental for road trip 2018/11/14 10:55
Tandem bicycles are restricted in most of Japan. I believe Ehime Prefecture (in Shikoku) is an exception, so if you can find one for rent you can ride it.

I found one place that rents tandem bicycles to cross Shimanami-kaido (series of bridges that connects between Onomichi and Imabari, which is in Ehime Prefecture). It has some restrictions, too.
http://www.go-shimanami.jp/cycling/tandem.html
by G10 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tandem bike rental for road trip 2018/11/15 18:34
Thanks so much G10, this is proving harder than first anticipated.
Maya
by mishcka rate this post as useful

reply to this thread