Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tourist visa for my mother, is it possible? 2018/11/19 22:14
Good evening everyone! I just want to ask if itfs possible for me to invite my mother here in Japan. I am pregnant and I want her to be here until my pregnancy ends. My pregnancy is due in 3 months. I have a long term resident visa and have been living in Japan for almost 4 years. I live with my Japanese boyfriend but hefs always at work and wonft be able to support me all the time. Is it okay if hefll be the guarantor???
by jandy1826  

Re: Tourist visa for my mother, is it possible? 2018/11/20 09:42
Missing some important info like mothers home country etc. Please provide all relevant details like country, income, etc so people can answer your question properly.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa for my mother, is it possible? 2018/11/20 10:36
Hi Jandy, (Congrats to the mom-to-be)

As a husband I faced a similar situation. When I was doing my MSc my wife got pregnant and had to be looked after. I invited my mother to stay with her while I was busy with studies. So JP tourist visa may granted on that somebody needs to look after you .

In my case I attached the Residence certificate from the city office I am not sure whether you can provide it. Also it's good that you get a reference letter from the Doctor on your pregnancy. Usually tell that you need it for Visa matters and to mention a possible delivery date. Attach it along with the copy of your Mother-Child book. (You might be charged for the reference letter, but it's helpful if the visa officer in your country ask for the reason of visit)

In my case, my mother stayed here for 3 months, but I know a case where a friend of mine extended her mother's visa for another 3 months (total of 6 months) after visiting the immigration.

In the guarantor's case, I'm not sure whether you can write down your relationship like you have mentioned. In that, if you try mention the person inviting as yourself and guarantor as your BF. I had to show bank details as the guarantor but I am not sure whether it's applicable for your nationality.

Stay safe and warm. I know the hardships you undergo. My wife was also in a similar situation as a foreigner for the first few months.
by Adi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa for my mother, is it possible? 2018/11/20 19:38
Hi Hakata! Sorry for some missing infos, my mother is from the Philippines.
by jandy1826 rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa for my mother, is it possible? 2018/11/20 19:40
Hi Adi! Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it, yes itfs really hard living in a foreign country sometimes depression is killing me but trying to get through it now that Ifm expecting.

Is it okay that the guarantor and invitor will be different? Wouldnft that make any issue?
by jandy1826 rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa for my mother, is it possible? 2018/11/21 10:23
Hi,
I have not come across such situation.
There is an option in the Guarantor section to fill-in as 'same as the above invitor' which I always use for my family members.
Therefore I assume that the two can be different.
by Adi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread