Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Avocado import business? 2018/11/24 03:14
ILm a Mexican harvester looking to export my products
I wish to export my product to Japan, mexican avocados. Any information or contact to start negotiations?
by Javier Radilla (guest)  

Re: Avocado import business? 2018/11/24 11:10
more than 90 % of imported avocado is made in Mexico.
http://www.customs.go.jp/kobe/boueki/topix/h29/2017_8avocado.pdf
you have to find one of exporting companies located in Mexico. it should be easy if you have enough information about avocado business.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Avocado import business? 2018/11/27 12:38
It could be worth you coming to Tokyo early March and visiting Foodex at Makuhari Messe. This is a very large food show with world wide exhibitors, and I know that Mexico has a large stand, which includes their avocados (Look online for exact dates). You could talk with the personnel on the stand about the avenue to go through. Japan is a very particular market for fresh goods, so your quality will have to be perfect. If it is and there hasn't been a glut of product worldwide you can command a decent price. As Ken says, there are a lot of Mexican avocados already selling through to retailers now.
by L (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread